Car Blog Banner

Car Blog Banner
3 of Diamonds - Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT) Project Blog

Friday 31 March 2017

Accidentally bought a V8.....

So, it would be a slight understatement to say it's been a while since I posted. In fact Its been 4 or 5 months (if not more) if my memory serves me well. This has been predominently down to two reasons, both involving me blowing my project car savings (sorry for the neglect my poor Mitsubishi). Firstly, this was due to moving house and the car fund becoming a mortgage deposit, as our house sold quicker than expected. Secondly, after we moved I started saving again.... and I kinda blew the project car money again... this time on a V8... The Abarth is gone.

Now, blogger tells me that 9 of every 10 views on my blog comes from North America, so I want to start by clarfiying that although this is a V8, this isn't American muscle, though it could be considered 'muscle' of sorts. Deutsch Muskal.





This is my new (to me) Audi S4. It has a 4.2l (256.3 cubic inch) engine which, when new, delivered 339 bhp through all 4 wheels.... ugly ass wheels... 


To be fair they don't look as bad in the flesh as they do in photos, but still might be tempted for a bit of an upgrade at some point. 

In terms of performance it does 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, a fraction slower than my old Hawkeye and not too far off what the GTO could do before it was garaged. The drive is much smoother than I expected from an engine this size, and its delivery of power, for the most part, feels quite refined in comparison to the JDM cars I've had with similar performance. When testing it I put my foot down from a set of lights and started thinking it wasn't too fast, until I looked in the rear view mirror to realise how far ahead of everyone else on the dual carriageway I was.




The interior is well kitted out for a car off its age. It has Recaro's front and rear, all of which are heated leather. There are tons of hidden compartments, so plenty of storgae and a huge boot. And with four doors this means I can now cart the kids around... if I ever let them in the car.


At the point of typing this I have had the car for only a couple of hours, having picked it up during rush hour. This means I'm yet to stretch its legs and see what it can really do. As such, I will do another entry next week focusing a bit more on the drive of the car.

Check out my last post here

If you would like to laugh at my lack of progress in real time you can follow me on social sites by clicking the links below or search the @s :

Instagram   @3ofdiamonds_GTO


Twitter   @3ofdiamonds_GTO

Facebook   @3ofdiamondsGTO

No comments:

Post a Comment