Car Blog Banner

Car Blog Banner
3 of Diamonds - Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT) Project Blog

Tuesday 12 January 2016

GTR for the GTO

Last night felt like Christmas eve. Last night felt so much like Christmas eve that I barely slept a wink. In fact last night probably more like Christmas eve than Christmas eve did.

I'm going stop saying Christmas now, it's January for crying out loud....


The reason for the excitement may have had something to do with today being the day that I picked up my first big purchase for the GTO. As I mentioned in my entry last week I had been out shopping for a new set of rims and today I was able to pick them up.

The set I opted for were Rota GTR's, and also opted to increase the size over the standard wheels. Increasing from 16x7.5 to 18x8.5. I was slightly worried about this at the time, fearing they may be too big, but I was really happy with the results. I think they now fill the wheel wells better than the stock rims, giving the car an improved stance with enough space left over to play with heights of coil-overs (when I eventually get around to getting them).



Picking the new rims up from Revolution Motorsports

Like this shot, but shame about the rain...

New Rota GTR


I didn't actually mind the original alloys which came with the car, I just felt they were too small for the car, and by changing them it has made a big aesthetic change to the car. In addition to this, when I was trying to do a baseline 0-60 for the car I ended up feeling quite tyre limited, so hopefully new rubber will help bring that down a touch. 

Original wheel drivers rear

Original wheel drivers front


The only problem with getting the new wheels, is now I'm thinking about all the other things I want to do to the car. I had got to the point where I was starting to get a clear picture of what I wanted to do, and when would be best to do each upgrade; whereas now I want it all, and I want it now!!!

I want all the car parts.... I cant afford all the car parts... Maybe I should consider a new career, like lottery winner... 




To keep up to date you can follow me on social sites by clicking the links below or search the @s :

Instagram   @3ofdiamonds_GTO

Twitter   @3ofdiamonds_GTO

Facebook   @3ofdiamondsGTO

No comments:

Post a Comment