Car Blog Banner

Car Blog Banner
3 of Diamonds - Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT) Project Blog

Wednesday 27 January 2016

MNECM Part 1

If any regular readers have me added on instagram, you may have noticed I have been quiet for the past few days. In this two part blog entry hopefully the reason for that will become apparent.

Whilst many online over the pond seem to be being battered by snowstorms, this week I was able to actually get out and about in the project car.

On Saturday I bid farewell to my old stock GTO alloys. There was something seemingly wrong about trying to squeeze 4 wheels into the back of a Fiat 500. The proportions were almost comical, but I do hope they enjoy living out their days as a spare set for winter tyres for their new Lancer owner.


Squeezing the alloys into the Fiat 500


On Saturday I was also able to pick up my new pod filter. It has more interesting dimensions than I imagined, I'm intrigued to see how it will look when fit into the car. I'm even more intrigued as to how it will sound... It will probably be a couple of weeks before I get to fit this now, and to paraphrase Tim Curry 'I will be left in antici...........pation'.
57i K&N Performance Intake

57i Intake

Sunday saw me hit up my first car meet of the year, and the first time I have ventured to a meet in the GTO. I hit up the Modified North East Car Meet #MNECM first meet of the year. It was advertised on their page as a 'Mini Meet' so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, and really didn't expect to see well over 100 cars there for a mini meet. I've often seen groups online comment on great turn outs for 10 cars so was astonished at how many people were there in such a wide variety of cars and stages of modification from bone stock to almost reaching race car status. Highly recommended meet to any in the area. In the awe of it all I barely even took any photos... doh!

#MNECM


I ended up parked next to 2 of the most attention grabbing cars there, a nicely restored Rover Metro and a highly modified TRD Starlett. They kinda brought to my attention how far I still need to go with the project, I know I will look forward to every step along that path.... (well, most steps at least....)
Rover Metro next to my GTO
In this pic my car looks like the smallest, yet in reality it is massive compared to the Metro and the Seat on the other side in terms of space it takes up, it is just that much lower...


It was a great night until it was time to leave AND THEN..... to be continued


To keep up to date you can follow me on social sites by clicking the links below or search the @s :

Instagram   @3ofdiamonds_GTO

Twitter   @3ofdiamonds_GTO

Facebook   @3ofdiamondsGTO

No comments:

Post a Comment